How to log in to your PLATO School Website CMS.
On any page of your website scroll down to the footer of the page and click “ADMIN LOGIN”
When the login screen appears enter your username (can be your email address) and password. If you do not have these yet you can request them from your project manager at Blue Apple Education – [email protected].
In this tutorial we will look into the standard page/post editor
To enter the editor click Edit Page on the top bar above the desired page/post, or select it in the Page, Post, Vacancy or Newsletter dashboards.
The main actions on the standard editor are:
- Page/post title and slug (slug is the unique URL)
- The Featured image, very important for Pages, Posts, Newsletters and Vacancies as it is featured in thumbnails, hero headers, SEO functionality (what is shown when shared on Facebook, for example)
- The Excerpt, short description of the Page/Post which is featured in news/vacancies feeds and in SEO (what is shown when shared on facebook, for example, or on google search)
- The Publish sidebar tab, for publishing, saving and changing status of pages/posts
- The Divi Builder, where page content is added and managed
The Divi Builder has 3 distinct parts:
- The Sections, which are the part of the page where content is added, and can be blue (default section), orange (specialty section) or purple (fullwidth section)
- The Rows, in green, where layout can be changed in order of columns
- The modules, shown in grey, which are the content modules (text, forms, blurbs, images, videos, etc…)
The + (plus) sign under each section/row/module allow you to add more of each, depending on colours. The blue + (plus) adds more sections (standard, specialty, or fullwidth)
The green + (plus) adds more rows and you can select how many columns and their layout. This can be changed later in the little column icon in the row.
The gray + (plus) adds more modules, and you have a variety to choose from (text, video, images, etc…). it has a search bar to look for the module you desire.
You can preview the layout in the default editor in the various devices with the 3 icons on top of the Divi Builder.
A very important feature is the + (plus) icon on top of the Divi Builder to load layouts from the library.
You can select a saved layout.
Or select to copy an existing page/post